The Search is On!
Would you help us find our new teacher to join us in Haiti?!
We're looking for an individual who enjoys the challenges and freedoms of teaching in a non-traditional setting.
Morgan (11) and Jaron (8)
- teaching degree/certificate (preferred, but not required)
- STRENGTHS: creative, energetic, patient, nurturing and caring
- experience in an educational setting
- teach 2 children (with the possibility of up to 6 children - aide included) using US based home school curriculum
- keep parents up to date on the progress of the children
- commit to one school year with the opportunity to extend: September - 2nd week of June (three weeks off at Christmas and one week off for Spring Break)
- Flexibility needed to live in a cross-cultural setting (bugs, HOT weather/COLD showers, possible tropical illnesses, limited entertainment options, etc.)
- A stipend will be offered per child, but will most likely need to raise additional support to supplement
- Housing will be provided
- We use a variety of homeschool materials, adapting to what fits our situation.
- Our "normal" school day usually lasts from 8:30-12:00, M-F
If you are interested in this opportunity, know of someone who may be, or would like more information, please send us an email at email@example.com